Jonathan Huff, Atlanta, Georgia A.K.A. Jon Huff

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

HGTV Debut

So Randy and I had our HGTV debut last Sunday. I was happy with the segment - we didn't look too hokey. However, those who know us and our house pretty well know that some elements they included in the show aren't really important, most notably the book return. It's merely sitting in the back yard by our shed and is basically a hunk o' junk to us. Oh well.

Also, I have to say they did decide to include some moments which need explaining - most notably when I was trying to play piano. That was something I was loathe to do in the first place. I very very rarely even try to play piano, much less on camera. Nonetheless, a more appropriate phrase would have been "I don't remember how to play this piece of music" instead of the dumbfounded "I forgot what I was playing!" Sheesh! Oh well.

A coworker made a DVD of the episode. I'm going to try to make an mpeg (or something) of our segment. We'll see. :)

Oh, also, I say it's our HGTV debut because we have had a few occasions of "stardom" in our lives... I was on CNN's Talk Back Live years ago with a preacher who was campaigning against gays in our (his) neighborhood. The same storm brought us a few spots on the local news channels as well. Celebs - not - heh.

3 Comments:

Blogger happyboogie said...

We saw it. We thought it was neat that Martha got almost as much airtime as you two. :-) We thought they did a good job with it. We are proud of you!

5:12 PM

 
Blogger bob said...

saw the spot. you guys looked great and sounded great. i was proud to have walked the now famous library halls. At one point i even said out loud to myself "hey, that's my room". congrats on the screen time, boys.

6:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - Brian and I saw the show, we were surprised that they left out the bathroom... it was cool anyways.

Joey

7:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
jon huff, keller williams realty